5 Delicious and Fun Christmas Cocktails with Recipes!
Keep this one away from the kids. This Grinch Drink is for the 21 and over club. Aimee from Shugary Sweets shared this drink on her blog and we are screaming all the way from Whoville.
- 4 oz Peach Schnapps
- 4 oz Bacardi Rum (I use the citrus rum, but any variety works)
- 12 oz orange juice
- 4 oz lemon-lime pop (7Up or Sprite work great)
- 4 oz Blue Curacao liquor
- maraschino cherries and orange slices, for garnish, optional
- You can make this in individual glasses (4) or make a pitcher. Add all the ingredients together, stir, and add garnish.
- If desired, add more lemon-lime pop if the drink is too strong.
This next one tastes like summer but looks like Christmas!
Oye! It's pomegranate season. So let's pretend these are red little Christmas light bulbs and drape them all over our mojito! Thank you to @the.sauceress for sharing this one.
From her Insta:
1.5 oz Gold Rum
.5 oz Ginger Liqueur
.5 oz Pomegranate Liqueur (@stirrings)
.25 oz Mandarine Napoleon (@follownapoleon)
1 oz Pomegranate Juice
.5 oz Fresh Ginger Juice
1.25 oz Key Lime Juice
Fresh Mint •
Let’s keep this one super simple! Muddle mint in a glass, or just crumple it up and drop it in. Fill glass with crushed ice. Add juices first and then alcohol. Stir with a straw. Garnish with more mint and fresh sliced ginger. Voila!
There are people that get to experience a white Christmas and then there's the rest of us in places like Miami and Los Angeles where a White Christmas Margarita will do.
From her Blog:
- Coconut Milk: You’ll want to get the full-fat coconut milk in a can. It is extra creamy and the real deal!
- Coconut Water: This is a “lighter” way to add more coconut flavor and not as many calories
- Tequila: Um, this is a must in Margaritas. I’d recommend the silver tequila because it is lighter in color and won’t turn your margarita a golden color.
- Grand Marnier: This orange flavored liquor is what gives this margarita a flavorful edge above the rest.
- Lime Juice: The fresh lime juice cuts through the creaminess of the coconut milk and water and gives you that true margarita flavor!
- Agave: I use agave in my margarita recipes instead of making a simple syrup. I find it’s lighter and not as sweet.
- Cranberries & Rosemary Sprigs: This is more for the festive colors, not as much for the taste!
- To a large pitcher add full fat coconut milk, coconut water, grand marnier, silver tequila, lime juice and agave syrup. Using a whisk stir everything together until coconut milk no longer separates.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, lime slices and rosemary sprig.
Jump in the car. We're going to Candy Cane Lane for this next one.
Get a little pep in your drink with this Peppermint White Chocolate Martini by Lisa over at Fun Money Mom!
From her Blog:
- 1 oz Torani Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup
- 1 oz white chocolate liquor
- 1.5 oz vanilla vodka
- .5 oz creme de cacao
- 1.5 oz half & half
- Crushed peppermint and/or red candy melts for garnish (optional)
- Pour 2 tbsp of Torani Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup onto a plate
- Make a layer of crushed peppermint on another plate
- Dip the rim of the martini glass into the syrup, then dip it into the crushed peppermint.
- Pour 1/2 cup ice into a shaker.
- Add Torani syrup, white chocolate liquor, vanilla vodka, creme de cacao and half and half into the shaker and shake well.
- Pour into your martini glass and drizzle with candy melts.
When it's time to break bread this Christmas, bring the gingerbread
Bring the eggnog but make it MORE Christmas-y. Abigail from Eat With Abigail shared this recipe for a Gingerbread Rum Spiked Eggnog
From her Blog:
*makes two drinks, about 1 cup each
1 1/2 cups eggnog (I like Southern Comfort the best)
1/2 cup spiced rum (I prefer Captain Morgan, especially their gingerbread edition!)
cinnamon and nutmeg to sprinkle in and on top
cinnamon sticks to garnish
whipped cream to top
stir together the eggnog and rum until combined.
sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until incorporated (you can usually still see some specks of spice in the drink, but that’s fine!
add some whipped cream on top, a cinnamon stick, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg on top, and serve!